[pct-l] try before buy - UL backpacks

ralbach at austin.rr.com ralbach at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 16 13:47:29 CDT 2009

So to further stoke the flames of discussion...

I work for a vendor of specialized computer security equipment and we
provide eval equipment all the time prior to purchase. However I do
recognize that we deal with established entities and the costs are
typically in 6 figures meaning we don't mess around.

I was just imagining an evaluation pool of inventory that folks could use.
I know the accounting practices behind this so to some degrees it is moving
the burden off inventory to cost of sales. With that said though who knows
if I'm an honest buyer or not? I can understand why they might not do it.

Was just hoping to find somebody who would.

BTW - thanks to all who offered their positive and negative feedback on
vendors in this vein.

-Robert