[pct-l] Walker to Kennedy in late April?

Pat Megowan patmegowan at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 15:20:59 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'll be sectioning SOBO from a bit north of Sierra City to Kennedy Meadows (south), a fall tour of the length of the Sierras (quibbling geologists aside). For a couple months prior I'll be tramping big loops generally off the PCT in a "tour de divides" ; great western, kings-kern, monarch, white, leconte, glacier, silver, cathedral/ritter, etc.

However, I'll be in SoCal late April, and was wondering about Walker to Kennedy Meadows as a little preview. Anyone have experience or thoughts on how that might look--snow, water, flowers, temps, etc.? Alternatively, are there other southern sections that you would recommend for say 50-75 miles of pleasurable walking (with a safe place to park my rig at the destination.

Thanks, I've learned a lot from you folks while lurking!