[pct-l] getting water from the aquaduct

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 19 10:14:30 CDT 2009

Last year while hiking between the Mojave and Walker Pass, I met the aqueduct inspector for the Jawbone Canyon section.  He lives next to the pipeline and obtains all of his water from the aqueduct.  However, HE DISTILLS ALL OF IT.  The water comes out of the pipe discolored and smelling of cow urine.  He has to clean out his unit regularly and switch it out annually.  keep in mind that once the water reaches Los Angeles, it then has to go through the Department of Water and Power's filtering system and settling tanks before it ever reaches the consumer water lines.  So... there it is, for what it's worth.  Dirnk hardy me lads.  Mummm good.

Shepherd.