[pct-l] Spot Device?

Bronze hhlawaty at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:48:44 CDT 2009

For awhile I was thinking about the SPOT so that my wife or mom could feel
secure knowing I was safe.  Then it occurred to me that the first day I
forgot to push the button, or the battery died, or it took a swim, she would
immediately begin to worry about me.  By day 2 there would probably be
choppers circling above my last known whereabouts...

I've come to feel that things such as that are more of a curse than a
blessing.  For me, and possibly you, getting out in the trail is a chance to
not have to push ANY buttons for a long time.  Just as I need to give up my
attachment to things convenient and reassuring for this trip, so too will
the ones who care about me.  I think it will be a growth experience for us
both.  Just my two cents...

Bronze
http://manandmule.com

Apparently my parents are worried about me going out in the wilderness by