[pct-l] Out of Contact Hikers on PCT HAVE BEEN FOUND....

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri May 15 14:56:35 CDT 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 3:44 PM, The Dosey Family wrote:
> Hikers have been recovered They just showed back up on the grid,
> Thank you
> all so much for your e mails and support.  They are safe and sound,
> and off
> the trail for a bit.

With the hiker's permission, could you share with the list any
"lesson's learned"?

Was there an equipment failure?
If there was a navigation error, how could it have been prevented?
Miscommunication regarding the next check-in?
What would they do next time in a similar situation?

I think this sort of "analysis" after even minor incidents is helpful
to the hiking community.