[pct-l] tarp camping...

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat May 23 22:44:25 CDT 2009

On May 23, 2009, at 2:34 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Hello all.? I'm an old tent camper, and have decided to try a
> tarp.? What does one do to help keep the bugs out??
> Many thanks,

I have an Adventure 16 bug bivy which is a bug net that pops open
like one of those car window shades. It gives me protection from bugs
for the upper third of my body and keeps the netting away from my
head. When I'm sleeping I have no awareness that it is there. I don't
feel confined like I would with just a head net because I can stick
my arms out of my bag if I want.
~Piper