[pct-l] Bear questions

Melissa Caster rain_caster at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 20:54:55 CDT 2009

I am hiking from Kennedy Meadows to Echo Lake. This will be my first long trip in bear country and I want to make sure I take all the precautions I can to protect my food. I am researching the topic but wanted to hear what you guys have to say. What are the requirements on storing food in this area? Do I need a bear canister or are there enough bear boxes that I can get through this area without one? What type of canister should I get, and should I rent or buy one? Thank you!!
Wren