[pct-l] Hiker Gathering needs location-please help

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:43:22 CST 2009

Hiker Gathering needs location in California-Please Help

Only send emails to montypct at gmail.com Warner Springs Monty as I do not have an email account actively connected to the PCT-L

Hi all you PCT fans

There will be a hiker gathering in California September 17-19 or 25-27 2010 sponsored by ALDHA West www.aldhawest.org the American Long Distance Hiking Association West.  Though our focus is on all Western United States Long Distance Trails, historically a heavier focus has been toward the Pacific Crest Trail and Triple Crowners.  The gathering is for everyone who would like to attend especially if you have never been to one.  This year's was a blast!!!

I am currently searching for a site location for this gathering.  I am putting this out to the list for suggestions.  Only send to montypct at gmail.com

What we require is:

Meeting space, accommodations and meals for 65-150 people.

2 nights/5 meals

May need a place for a few people to set up tents

In California Within 75 miles of San Francisco, Sacramento, Reno, San Diego or a major LA Area airport

Budget $75- under $100 per person.

Though this is not a "drinking" function, some attendees do consume alcohol on their own

Other options desired but not deal breakers:

Option for people to arrive a couple days early or stay a day late paying on their own

Bathrooms attached to or in rooms

AV equipment and sound system

ALSO:  We need volunteers to help find a site, volunteers for the organization and for the function when it is happening.

To volunteer or get on the Volunteer List also please email montypct at gmail.com

Thanks

Warner Springs Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty