[pct-l] My top two reasons for using 1 trekking pole

Dale Combs comebackwalking at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 13:51:30 CST 2009

The number of slips and falls get cut in half.
The severity of slips and falls get cut in half.

I don't use my crutch most of the time.
But if it's after dark, after 3 pm, solo, rough terrain, huge climb or there is something out of the ordinary going on then I like to use my crutch. I don't use it all the time because
I want to keep my arms rested. For me it's like calling in the cavalry to turn the tide.
For me, the difference between one pole vs zero is huge. The difference between 2 poles vs1 pole-- not so much.

Comfy