[pct-l] Los Angeles to San Diego

Kea keahiker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:35:03 CST 2009

For my 2010 thru' hike,I will be flying in to LAX.  And I will need to get
to San Diego.  I don't want to fly as one needs to allow a long gap between
flights to allow for delays.  By Amtrak seems ideal. A bus goes from the
airport every half hour to the Amtrak station and then a train goes about
once an hour to San Diego.  No booking required so it seems OK.  I looked at
a forum discussing this and the  over-whelming opinion was "don't go by
Amtrak!".  But no reason was given.  "Hire a car" they said.  But, not after
a night without sleep, jet-lagged and driving on the wrong side of the road.

So, should I go by Amtrak; and if not, why not?

Kea