[pct-l] PCT Toll Road

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 01:13:19 CST 2009

Say, I hear the California politicians have instituted a new 10% tax.  They are looking everywhere to squeeze money out of the folks.

This got me thinking.  What if the Feds and the California politicians start to think about charging a toll to hike on the PCT.  May be they think it would be cool to charge everyone 10 cents a mile.  That would be only $260.  Not bad.

But the toll would slowly go up from there.  And the promise that the toll would only be temporary would not be temporary.  About 15 years from now they would be charging $2.00 per mile or $5,200 for a thru-hike split between the Feds and the state.

I know this sounds silly, but I wonder.

May the Forest be With You -- Switchback the Trail Pirate