[pct-l] Attention Pack Sniffers

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 10:02:14 CST 2009

Packsniffer:

You know who you are. You have a problem. You have all of this neat gear & it has never been used!
Well, I have a solution for you. Send me your pack & I will use it, then send it back to you & if you ever actually go on a hike, you will no longer have a new pack that everyone will comment on, but used equipment that will fit in with everyone else’s equipment. You supply the pack, I will put my stuff in it.

You pay postage both ways. The following rates apply.

Normal lunchtime walk: About 1 ½ miles, half along the Norwalk River & about ¼ mile off pavement. $2
Other lunchtime hike: Entirely on trail, about 1 mile, 3 hills and a nice little pond  $4.
Weekend Dayhike: 5 or more miles $8.
Weekend Day Hike: 10 or more miles, $15
Weekend Day hike: 15 or more  miles, $20
Weekend backpack: 10 or more miles: $25
Weekend Backpack: 20 or more miles: $35
Any of these weekend hikes on the Appalachian Trail, add $5.
Any of these hikes in rain or snow add $10.

Oh, you have a tent that’s never been used either? I will set it up in my back yard for $5, each additional night $1. If you want me to actually sleep in it additional $5 per night. Not responsible for damage from the neighborhood deer, raccoons, possums, skunks, squirrels, or feral cats.
Send your money order to the Hikermiker Retirement Fund