[pct-l] My Way or the Highway

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 18:44:25 CST 2009

Unsupported JMT writes:Say Switchback, If you really want to hike the PCT the most supported way, you hike it "MY WAY"..."The JMT Reinhold - Cleopatra Way". On a float, carried by half a dozen float carriers, with fan girls on each side to keep us cool and keep the flies and mosquitos away and trumpet blowers blowing trumpets to alert the common hiker trash of our presence so they can step aside and bow as our floats goes by.  Of course we will be consuming huge quantities of food, drinking the best wine and munching grapes as our caravan of floats moves on down the trail. Yes,....I just love roughing it in the wilderness!!!  I can barely wait until the KO.
Switchback replies: Yes, the PCT is waiting for real hikers to set a new record.  The record of the Most Support.  Everyone is gnashing their teeth and turning red with anger over this assault and violation of trail honor and etiquette.  But just watch everyone following our barge of goodies floating down the trail.  Then there will be different tune.  We will casually cast off unused Snicker's Bars, apples, steaks, and chocolate malts.  We will take sorbet between meals to clean our taste buds.  Fine wines will be carefully scrutinized for full bodied flavor and proper chill before sipping.  Hikers will kowtow before us.