[pct-l] Beef jerky

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 20:55:27 CST 2009

One thing I like about making my own food--whether it's jerky, dried fruit, bread, muffins, whatever--is that I have total control.  I pay attention to ingredients and it's usually darned near impossible to find commercially-produced food that doesn't contain something I don't want to eat--usually hydrogenated oil and/or over-processed sugars.  Granted, this might not be too much of a problem on a through-hike when I'd be burning all those calories almost before I eat them.  Still, you are what you eat and I'd surely feel better and perform better--both on the trail and not--when eating good-quality food.

-Nate the Trail Zombie

When you know where the trail goes
It doesn't matter if you're fast or slow