[pct-l] PCT Closure

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Oct 8 13:51:33 CDT 2009

Sometimes hiking thru a burn area isn't all that bad. In 2000 we hiked up
Mission Creek struggling to follow the trail back and forth across the
creek. The undergrowth was heavy and the trail was obscured. When we hiked
up Mission Creek in 2007 the undergrowth was gone and we had a much easier
time following the trail. Some areas were dominated by burned trees, but
other vistas were opened up by the lack of undergrowth. Looking back I think
I preferred the 2007 experience.

Ken
www GottaWalk com