[pct-l] Amtrak stop near Stevens Pass, Washington

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 12:42:26 CDT 2009

you have to call in advance to let the bus driver know there is someone needing to be picked up the bus at the gas station in Skykomish. And now that the Dinsmore's have moved to Baring u might even be able to get the driver to drop u off there in front of the store which is directly across the street from them! Small towns are good like that! And for those that don't stop by the Dinsmore's and say hey atleast...ur missing out! Thery now have a dorm for us to sleep in with mattresses to throw on the floor, cable tv, internet, phone, showers laundry and sometimes BBQ. O yeh and an awesome fir pit outside and a Gazebo if u'd rather sleep outside! They ask for a $20.00 donation to keep it going every year for the hikers. Better than paying 40-60 dollars at the hostel in Skykomish plus food at the rest.
They're awesome peeps and the baring store owner is an awesome cook and this was his first year with our pack. He was so excited to have us there that he is already working on his new menu for the future years of PCT hikers! YES we will have OUR OWN MENU! O yeh and he's talking about his own PANCAKE CHALLENGE! only thing is his pancakes ARE SOOO YUMMY!
there's an ATM in Skykomish but it doesn't always have cash in it b/c it is a small town and alot of people go thru there. most small towns don't have ATM's.  So don't forget to carry cash for the angels stops! They aren't rich...just wonderful people who love hikers!

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!