[pct-l] Black Bear

virgil virgil at baloney.com
Fri Oct 30 13:56:32 CDT 2009

On Friday 30 October 2009 09:50:58 Carolyn Eddy wrote:
> One of the scariest nights I ever spent was in the Absorkas in a
> campground where the owners of a huge motorhome thought it was
> appropriate to leave their barbeque out on the picnic table when they
> went to bed.
>
> And us in our hammocks, AKA bear piñatas. All we got visited by was
> coyotes, though.

Apparently, even coyotes can be dangerous:

"Two coyotes attacked a promising young musician as she was hiking alone in
a national park in eastern Canada, and authorities said she died Wednesday
of her injuries."

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1101ap_cn_canada_coyote_attack.html
--
"I came into this game for adventure - go anywhere, travel light, get in,
get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone."

Robert De Niro as Harry Tuttle in Brazil.