[pct-l] Mt. Jefferson Wilderness

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Sun Sep 27 12:47:41 CDT 2009

Just asking again about the section from Santiam Pass north to Scout Lake,
including the difficult ford of Russell Creek.

I posted this same question about a month ago and got some helpful
information about how best to do the ford.

I'm just posting again, in case anyone has recently been over this stretch
of trail and can give me an update.

This Wednesday three of us will be going in up from the Whitewater Creek
trailhead to Scout Lake, then dayhiking 3 miles north to the ridge (so I can
touch the place I was turned around by a snowstorm, in order to walk the
WHOLE trail) and then we'll head SOBO to Santiam Pass.

Thanks for any info or suggestions you can provide.