[pct-l] Best gps iPhone app?

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sun Sep 27 18:50:56 CDT 2009

> I think the biggest advantage of the app right now is the myTopo
> maps. I don't think any other GPS recorder app right now offers
> offline topo maps, and the topo map specific apps don't have
> tiles from myTopo or a continuous google maps style display.
> They were fantastic on our hike. They show the PCT and we
> too ended up off trail and were guided back by the app.

myTopo maps are the best topo maps out there, in my opinion. Very clean and
they do have the PCT trail trace.

The postholer maps use myTopo as well. The myTopo trace and the USFS trace
coincide for the most part, but there are plenty of deviations. But hey,
choose your poison.

There are some truly awful topo overlays out there, myTopo isn't one of
them.

-postholer