[pct-l] plea for civility!

Jason E. Gillikin jason at gillikin.org
Sat Apr 3 12:34:22 CDT 2010

Hey, all.  I love reading the PCT-L -- there is a lot of good information
here, and I can tell there is a solid community around this trail.  Yay!

But may I humbly request that the character assassinations remain off-list?
I honestly don't care who is being a hypocrite or who has superior products
-- I just want to learn more about the trail and people's suggestions for
being a more successful and happy hiker.  Civility on the discussion list is
just as essential as civility on the trail!

I know that sometimes emotions run high, but sometimes just taking a deep
breath and hitting "delete" instead of "send" can be good for you, and less
toxic for the rest of us who eager read most PCT-L messages. :)

-- Jason