[pct-l] JMT Records

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 04:59:55 CDT 2010

Unsupported JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: Switchback,  My old unsupported JMT  Record held for 4 years and at 69 I don't know if  I can still handle that extreme stuff. It's best to leave it to the younger generation. Besides I have now hiked the JMT ten times....I think it is time to move on. Chow now, it's time to head for the Sierra for another week of skiing. Mammoth got another 2 feet of snow this week.
Switchback writes: This is very weak.  Who said anything about extreme stuff.  As a Super Senior you set the bar.  Of course, you set it as high as you can.  I do not think there is a JMT Super Senior record.  You will set it for all others to follow.  If you do not take up this challenge, you will be know as the backpacker who was run out of the mountains with his tail between his legs.

If you do take the challenge, then your face will be on hiker and senior magazines all across the land.  "The Hiker That Could."  "Reinhold the Magnificent."  "Super Senior Astounds Backpacking World."  "Old Backpacker Finds Notoriety." "Senior Embarrasses Other Super Seniors." "Female Super Seniors Say They Can Do Better."

Yes, this will be a big deal.  People will want your autograph at the KO.  All will pay homage to Reinhold the Mountainman - holder of the JMT Super Senior record.