[pct-l] Hypothermia (was "Earthquake!")

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Apr 9 12:55:48 CDT 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 11:06 AM, Eugene wrote:

> I was so certain that we'd warm up quickly in a shelter that provided wind protection.  I took off my wet pants and put on my thick down jacket, puffy pants, bomber hat and crawled under my zero degree cuben fiber quilt.

Any estimates as to the air temp and/or wind speeds that day?

This is a great example of why it is necessary to have bad-weather gear in Southern
California.  It seems each year there are hikers who ask if it is reasonable to skip
the rain-gear and shelter while hiking in SoCal during thru-hiker season in an effort
to reduce the weight of their pack.

Radar