[pct-l] Plumas NF current conditions near Belden?

Brian Herrera bherrera at nsradiology.com
Mon Aug 2 18:47:11 CDT 2010

My wife and I got back from a quick little 4 day PCT jaunt near the middle fork/bucks lake area a few weeks ago. Finding water won't be a problem, and the trail itself is in decent condition (overall, nothing a hardy hiker can't manage). There is a fire in the area but doesn't affect the PCT and I believe it should be contained by the end of the week at the latest.

Oh don't expect any help from the Rangers in that area, they've pretty much been reduced to policing the drive-in campsites.

Brian