[pct-l] Poles and pole locks

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Aug 26 19:24:49 CDT 2010

I have a pair of Leki titanium trekking poles I got back in 2000.
They have angled (ergonomic) grips and straps with a break-away fastener to
prevent the type of situation Jeffery describes. I've had a strap break
away once or twice because of excess load. Don't know if this would prevent
all possible accidents, probably not. But still it is a great idea.
Unfortunately I think Leki no longer makes/sells poles with such a grip. :-(

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>