[pct-l] socks

5418610024 at vzw.blackberry.net 5418610024 at vzw.blackberry.net
Mon Aug 30 09:35:33 CDT 2010

I ditto toe socks. I wear them alone and this summer wore crew socks and dirty girl gaiters. It was the first year I did not get heat rash on my legs and ankles. I only had two blisters and it was in the same place on both feet. Outside big toe. Took care of both and they  healed quickly.  Hint:  do not buy bamboo socks unless you want socks that take forever to dry. I carried three pair so that I could change them out at lunch and then had a dry pair for in the morning.

Ditto on the neo air. Most comfortable sleep I've ever had in a tent.

Cook your spaghetti (break it up into pieces) at home and dehydrate at home. Package everything at home separately. Then on the trail you can decide which pasta you want, how much sauce and which meat. I start rehydrating everything at lunch and by dinner all I have to do is heat water, dump in dinner, and eat. Saves on fuel.

Lost and Found