[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes?

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 17:53:35 CST 2010

depends a lot on the area...   in the dessert 4 dozen hikers each substituting 2
dinners on the trail... chopping up cacti for 100 dinners;  could take a long
time to correct itself ecologically.

in the cascades,  4 dozen hikers spending 4 hours a piece gorging themselves on
huckleberries would likely not even go noticed by the wildlife around.

also,  if you venture off the trail even a few hundred feet to harvest foods,
90% of day hikers etc would never even see the bare spot.

i'd just note that in he beginning the hikers are more bunched up together,
adding to the ecological impact of foraging, in the slowest growing and scarcest
of resource sections of the trail.
IMHO,
~Paul