[pct-l] about potty trowles/ grams vs. ounces

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 16:05:44 CST 2010

it would seem with the advent of google either system is easy to convert...

... i guess being Canadian i get used to it...  i'm certainly no engineer, oddly
enough i think of my camping gear as Grams and Pounds

i don't think people need to force themselves against the tide so much as,  when
someone wants to use grams because either it's what they were raised with;  or
it's more accurate or easier to convert... i think we should be open to them
doing so.

my issue was some other poster who asked that nobody uses grams because it
confuses them personally.  that is what seemed ludicrous to me.  whatever they
use, if you dont like it or aren't accustomed to it,  ... just convert it.  by
the fourth or fifth time you convert something you'll have a very good 'feel'
for how many grams in a pound or ounce.

... Maybe we could all measure our gear in quarter-stones ?  ie,  "my base
weight is three quarters stone"    "dude that guys baseweight is over a stone!"
~Paul