[pct-l] about potty trowles/ grams vs. ounces

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu Dec 16 12:06:33 CST 2010

If I wanted to use grams/kg I'd move to Canada.   But since I live in the US, I'll stick to using oz and lbs.   As an engineer I know how to use the metric system and can do the conversion without much trouble. However, the issue is I can't relate to metric in a personal way while I can with oz, lbs, ft, miles, etc.  I don't find the mental math of converting different units in the US sytem burdensome since I've done it often and can do it with little to no thought.  And whats the point in converting to metric when everything in the US and most of the population still uses the US system.  I fail to see the advantage in forcing one self to go against the tide.  And if a person is going to advocate using kg and grams, then they should be consistant and use meter/km instead of ft and miles (which is an even more uphill batte in the US).

-Miner