[pct-l] Fitness

Gottula Family dsgottula at msn.com
Fri Dec 17 17:29:39 CST 2010

One possibility to help get in shape is to do the Bataan Memorial Death March at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. It occurs on March 27, 2011. It is sponsored by the US Army. Civilians are welcome. The coarse is 26.2 miles, starts at 4400 feet, goes up to 5500 feet. I have done it three times, once in the "heavy division", which means you carry a 35# backpack. Lots of sand. Beautiful mountains. You can run this as a marathon if you want to.

Here is the coarse link.

http://www.bataanmarch.com/r09/racemap.htm