[pct-l] Fitness

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Dec 20 14:46:09 CST 2010

I'll second what Ned says.  I have done a number of long sections hikes
and by the time i complete them I'm in shape for a longer hike.   I
start at 8 miles a day and take at least one full day off a week.  I
need two nights and a day inbetween to do absolutely nothing but let my
body heal.  I do that for four to six weeks.  The younger you are the
fewer weeks it takes.  When in my 30s, three weeks was enough.  My last
one - in 2005 - had me take five weeks to get in shape...

jeffrey olson
Santa Rosa, CA - where the rain continues to fall!!!