[pct-l] New Balance

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 09:39:34 CST 2010

one pound on your feet equals 6 pounds on your back for weight ... so saving
weight on shoes is more important than anywhere else.

that said ... a lot of the PCT doesn't really require a good boot,   it's a
horse trail so it's graded and you're not really rock climbing or bushwhacking
over dense brush or sharp rocks.   hiking boots are nice, but in this function,
you don't need the extra protection.
imho,
~Paul