[pct-l] Stove choice :-S

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Mon Dec 27 20:01:39 CST 2010

Explosion??? Alcohol doesn't. (And I hope everyone knows you don't burn gas in a home brew stove.)

I've used various alcohol stoves in all kinds of weather successfully. I appreciate their low volatility when the weather is bad and I cook with my stove just outside my tent while I'm warm in my sleeping bag.

Downsides are low heat output in snow (just slow, you can still melt water but not ideal) and maybe a little more care needed in high winds as discussed as nauseum here recently (see the archives).

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net