[pct-l] june start date insane??

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 1 22:45:06 CST 2010

Why not start farther north or plan on hooking up with the herd at Kennedy Meadows instead of worrying about it.  In the mean time, maybe this summer, go on out to the desert and see what you think.  And then head up tot eh southern Sierra and you'll find it's pretty hot and dry there too sometimes in June..  It usually starts to get pretty warm by May, but not always.  There are occasionally early heat waves also.  So you really never know exactly what you'll get as expectations are usually blown anyway.