[pct-l] Avoiding the pack

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Feb 9 22:36:17 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Sean 'Miner' Nordeen
<sean at lifesadventures.net> wrote:
>> I usually prefer solitude on the trail rather than being
>> righ smack in the middle of a pack --
>> but even if I would prefer to avoid the crowd,
>> do I have a choice?

To a large extent this is a non issue for those who are hiking. In
much of the trail you can be 10 minutes away from someone all day, and
never see them, and thus have solitude

The "pack" is mostly noticeable for those remaining in one place, like
people camped, trail angels and small stores (like Mt Laguna) that
sell out of hiker food.

If you don't count on "resupply as you go" before Big Bear, and don't
take zero days at trail angel refuges, you won't even notice

HYOH