[pct-l] luggage shipping

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Tue Feb 9 22:47:13 CST 2010

I've had several questions on luggage shipping, so here goes.
the last flight my daughter took back to college, was 25.00 for first  carry on
bag 35.00 for second.
We usually ship to hotels or friends where we were staying.
with all the trail angels in socal, it should not be a problem.
plus there is the issue of theft.
as I said, my last two flights involved loss on one flight, and theft from
inside united airlines luggage secure holding room, on the other, after it was
picked off the conveyer because our flight was delayed and the luggage went on
ahead. After it was scanned into the secure room, it was stolen. total loss
3500.00 dollars in christmas gifts, school text books, etc.
nice.
And after reading about the massive theft ring currently operating at LAX, and
san diego  by ramp and behind the scenes employees, they never get my luggage
ever.
All TSA does is make the secure areas more secure for employees to steal
luggage easier.

We sent two 50 pound boxes via usps to her college after christmas, and saved
25.00 in luggage fees. they got there the day she arrived.
three days total, and they were insurable for next to nothing, for full value.

check the new baggage charges before you check in luggage. the airlines even
added an 8.00 charge today for blankets in flight. wow.
canoeman