[pct-l] Start Date

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Feb 10 12:55:33 CST 2010

 You could probably start from Walker Pass at Hwy 178, about 3 days south of
Kennedy Meadows. This is well south of Tuolumne, but you'll get to see ALL
of the Sierra.

If you average 17+ miles a day, including zero days, you'll make it to
Canada in less than 4 months. 17 miles a day average is quite doable,
especially for someone is in shape and ready.

Depending on the Sierra snow conditions, the first 2 weeks in June would be
an excellent starting window.

-postholer

a.. a suitable start date from Tuolumne from 1st June onwards, and
 b.. anything specifically I should take into account as a consequence of
starting at this point rather than from Campo?
c.. whether there are better sections of the trail and places to start and
end which could be accomplished within the four months I have, bearing in
mind I need to have reasonably accessible starting and finishing points?

Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com
Pacific Crest Trail Photo Atlas: http://postholer.com/photoAtlas.php