[pct-l] GPS vs PLB

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Wed Feb 10 15:57:51 CST 2010

Not sure I understand.

You can do it with a GPS IF you add that data when you get access to
the Internet.

The SPoT will do it while you are on the trail.

Am I missing something?

For the original poster:

What you will also find is that those who worry about you will worry
less.  Then they will enjoy checking in periodically to see where you
are and what you're "doing".  They will tell friends ad before you
know it - you will have a fan club.  This happened to me on a cross
country DRIVE of all things.  From Atlanta to LA and when we left
Phoenix - we had over a dozen friends and family following!

BillB