[pct-l] Hike for Haiti

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Sat Feb 13 10:41:17 CST 2010

G'morning all.

I apologize for reposting this - I don't want to pressure those who aren't
interested, but do want to make sure the message reaches anybody who
potentially might be.

You can find out more about the project here: www.hikefor.com

I'd like to quickly point out a few of the less obvious benefits of
supporting this project.

A)     For hikers, it's an opportunity to add another layer of meaning to
your hike, to make your trek something that directly benefits people in need
- to me personally, this is something I know I'll appreciate during the hard
days on the trail.

B)     For sponsors, your pledges and resulting donations don't just benefit
people in Haiti, they mean a lot to the hiker you sponsor.  It's a great way
to show your support of their hike.

C)     By getting involved as a hiker or sponsor, you're supporting the
hikefor.com project itself, which has potential to grow and directly support
the trails we cherish so much.  Next year hikefor.com will allow hikers to
dedicate their hike to any charity they like, and will allow for a
percentage of funds raised to be donated to the agencies that support the
trails.

Thanks for your time folks.

- Potential 178