[pct-l] Tahoe Rim trail and Wonderland trail

Bob Vance hikerbob62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 22:50:45 CST 2010

________________________________
From: Bob Bankhead <wandering_bob at comcast.net>
To: Ben Mayberry <benmayberry at gmail.com>; Pacific Crest Trail List <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Fri, January 1, 2010 5:51:57 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Tahoe Rim trail and Wonderland trail

.. I would suspect you might have a hard time getting the permits if you just walked into the ranger station from the PCT to see what was available.
 it`s pretty easy  to get a permit for the wonderland trail on short notice.a few years ago i did the oregon section of the p.c.t. then had to leave to take care of a few things at home. about a week later i wen`t to mt. rainer for a hike .on the way out i wandered into the carbon river ranger station,and asked about the wonderland trail,they set me up for a ten day trip on the spot. the next day i was back on the trail!