[pct-l] Sierra Snowpack prediction

Postholer public at postholer.com
Sun Jan 10 08:43:48 CST 2010

> Every week that passes without a huge dump, makes it more
> and more likely that we will have a average to below average
> snowpack year.

Basically, that's right.

However, you stated in your earlier post the snow season "almost without
exception" can be predicted very early, which is just plain BS.

With statements like that you actually *discourage* folks to prepare when
they should be doing exactly that, ie, Ned's snow course.

As someone who influences many folks on the matter, you should know better
or learn to know better.

-postholer
Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com
Pacific Crest Trail Photo Atlas: http://postholer.com/photoAtlas.php