[pct-l] backpack question

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jan 14 14:13:56 CST 2010

The equinox pack looks a lot like a Ray Jardine pack. It would
probably work fine. I like equinox products.

This is what I used last year:
http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/G4.html

The page says it is out of stock, but I show it to you because it has
generous side pockets. I was sure those pockets and the whole pack
would rip to shreds if I bushwhacked. Well, I bushwhacked worse than
I have ever done so before. I tore myself to shreds and was bleeding
everywhere. But the pack did fine. So I'm sure the equinox would do
fine, too, especially on the PCT which doesn't make you bushwhack.

Diane