[pct-l] trail strategy

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Jan 12 18:18:43 CST 2010

Canoeman I'm in......If I can bring my "CHICKENS ON A LEASH".

With chickens on a leash we don't need to carry any food or stove.
We will have food that walks....we will be "Super UL".
Fresh eggs every morning, a chicken roasting over an open fire every evening.
Food that walks....it's the only way to thru the PCT.

We must make sure that we have at least one rooster in our flock to assure
reproduction, so we don't run out of chickens before we get to Canada.

JMT Reinhold
Your chicken loving trail companion
-------------------------------------

Canoeman wrote:
Soooooooooooooooooo
 I think I'll hike the PCT barefoot, with two dogs, a girl friend who doesn't
want to go,  leave early, refuse to use water caches, and trail angel help,
hang my food in trees, carry a butane, alcohol, wood stove, a spot messenger,
inkjet paper  topo maps, a big fragile camera, a GPS, a big phone, a large
tent, no mosquito juice, no snow training, fresh meat, cook in zip lock
baggies, drink directly from the stream with out treating the water, not tell
anyone where I am going, and wing it by  resupplying as I go. And have big
campfires everynight.
Any body  want to come?
;->.

Canoeman