[pct-l] "UL".... trail strategy

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 18:57:19 CST 2010

Canoeman,
The Wagon Master, (Greg Hummel), on March 22, 2006  told me the
following concerning  my new "Chickens on a Leash"  UL concept".

"OSTRICHES!!!
They lay eggs, HUGE ones!
They are big enough to carry your pack without any problem.
They can cover 20 miles in a day without breaking a sweat.
They are as warm as any human being when snuggled up against you.
They will kick the $hit out of any bear that comes by."

What do you think?
Should we bring some Ostriches along, in addition to the chickens, to
add a little varity to the menu and for bear protection?
We would sleep much better, knowing we have Ostriches guarding our camp
site.
At least they could carry our packs.
No food, no pack, no stove....boy we would be super "UL".
Or what if we put saddles on them?....perhaps we can ride them......you
know  "Aussie-Cowboy style".
Beats riding a cow!!!

JMT Reinhold
Canoeman wrote:
Chickens on a leash!!!.......brilliant........or we  could at least ride
a cow....milk....cheese.....