[pct-l] Western Mountaineering Highlite down bag?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Jan 17 22:33:39 CST 2010

Deems,
I love that bag.
I used it on my JMT fast-packs.
It was donated to me by Western Mountaineering for my JMT record attempts.
I also carried it on my 2005 sub-five attempt when we met at Lake Wanda.
I also wore HighTec trail runners.
That is one of the reasons my pack looked so small, the "Highlite" compresses
to about the size of a football.
A great "UL" bag....I emphasize "UL"....when weight is a major concern.
It will not keep you cozy on a cold night and you might want to wear all
your cold weather cloth.
But in mild weather or for speed hiking it is "THE BAG".

I just love those "Freebies" seems like the free stuff is always the best.

Thank you once again Western Mountaineering & HighTec. for your generous
support in helping me get super "UL" and making a dream come true.

JMT Reinhold
The dreamer

What does this group think of the uberlite Western Mountaineering Highlite
down bag? It boasts a 35F temp and a 16oz weight. Anyone out there carried
one? I'd like to hear your experiences, trips, good and bad. This weight
loss bag is addictive, especially if as I've heard "the fun goes up when the
weight goes down"... If the Highlite is a good bag;  then, lately it occurs
to me, what a long strange trip it's been...and Papa's got a new bag!
http://www.westernmountaineering.com/