[pct-l] Tahoe conditions

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 19 21:10:15 CST 2010

Yeah, it hit hard mid-day today and did some damage I believe.  we were out driving back from a job across town and there were rapids along the streets.  Very happy to have been in a big truck.  It's now quite stormy, wind, lightning and thunder today and more coming yes.  I feel bad for those up in the foothills as I think mud slides here along the local streets where we have pretty good drainage are about on one thousandth of potential below the mountains.  Thankfully our little storm today lasted only a couple hours, along with some water spouts, one making a land fall in Orange County, which then becomes a tornado.  Now, everything is wet and soaked.  I just spoke with a water and power guy repairing damage in our alley on a pole, and he worked eighteen hours yesterday on his day off with no end in sight until the storms pass.  But the big issue is will it snow hard and then rain on it?  That is hazardous with regards to flooding in a big way.