[pct-l] Water Capacity

Gary Wright at2002 at mac.com
Thu Jan 21 12:20:09 CST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Matthew Edwards <hetchhetchyman at aol.com>
wrote:

> Personally I never needed more than 6 liter capacity and after Socal
> I had only three liter capacity. Places like the Hat Creek rim were
> by that point frankly "Childs Play" for a trail hardened PCT Hiker.

A possible point of clarification. Your water capacity needs will
depend on whether you take advantge of water caches or not. I'm not
trying to advocate any particular approach but if you choose to skip
caches, such as cache22 on the Hat Creek Rim, then you need to up your
capacity somewhat.  I think 6 liters might leave you short in a few
spots if the cache is empty or you choose to pass by a cache and/or if
the weather was particularly troublesome.