[pct-l] Death on the PCT / John Joseph Donovan

Jtm jtmlite at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:21:57 CST 2010

I couldn't agree more about having a working compass and actually knowing how to use it.  I went over mt. San Jacinto a bit after mid May and got completely lost because the top was still covered in snow.  It took a good hour or two to get to little round valley with lots of back tracking, after that I had to follow a creek untill came across a trail that I found out was the pct miles later.  Good thing I had that Eagle Scout training to point me in the right direction. ;-)
OD