[pct-l] snow/temperature

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jul 9 18:06:10 CDT 2010

Are you talking about a tarp that has no walls or floor or are you
talking about a tarp tent which is basically a single wall tent?

Either one will be fine for the time of year you are going. Low temps
will not be all that terribly low in August. It was a high snow year,
but by August and September the snow will be minimal.

Diane

On Jul 9, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Hello!
> I know I should be able to look this up but am finding it confusing so
> I figured I would just ask! Am thinking of trying a tarp "tent"
> instead of a tent for a hike from yosemite to whitney in august and
> september but have never used it anywhere cold enough at night to have
> snow. Does anyone have experience with this type of "tent"? Either
> way, how has the snow fall been this year? How cold does it typically
> get at night in the high sierras/what is the coldest it may get?
> Thank you so much!

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time