[pct-l] Trail angels or transpo near Olallie Lake or Santiam Pass?

MAXINE WEYANT weyantm at msn.com
Fri Jul 30 17:29:44 CDT 2010

I'm hiking from Hwy138 just N of Crater Lake to either Santiam Pass or Olallie Lake (if my new ACL will let me get that far) in Aug.  I need to get to the Amtrak at Salem or Portland or the airport at Redmond so I can get home (Seattle) by Sun the 29th. I hope to make it to Olallie by Fri or Sat the 27 or 28th.  I could probably be a trailhead buzzard, waiting for someone who's leaving the resort or pass, but I'm wondering if there are other options.  The folks at Olallie had nothing to suggest.