[pct-l] tendonitis (was Getting Back on Trail, Leaving a Car in SoCal)

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 03:22:11 CDT 2010

Dear kylie

 I had posted this problem. There is a scientific research:

Stewart et al. (2009)  (Wilderness and Environmental Medicine 20,
250-256) had investigated  the AT and PCT 128 hikers with 6 page
questionnaire, and found that the injury was caused by two factors:
pack weight and footwear rigidity. But adjusting statistically, The
pack weight was the only significant factor. They said that the
footwear type ( sandal, running shoes, hiking shoes, hiking boots )
and the pack weight were confused.

There is a memo of my post:
http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/backpacking.memo_pdf
Page.13-14.

If you change your boots to shoes, you will suffer more serious
injury. You should reduce the total pack weight.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )